Every day I am pretty sure I do at least one thing wrong. Most days I do more. I used to think I was alone, until I talked to other parents who were honest. Here is a place for more parents to feel less alone, and more "good enough".

Wednesday 9 March 2011

"Change the voices in your head....Make them like you instead........."



I was asked, on Monday afternoon, by somebody that I would've least expected to hear it from, "But who's to say you made the wrong turns though?" That particular person asking me that, really really helped. So, ten years on, I am possibly going back to the place I came from, the place that brought me up and partly made me who I am, and the place where even now, I think I can belong. I think it would be nice, for my children to have somewhere to belong. This person also said, when I mentioned I had rather a bad time at the end of last year, that he thought that I was on the verge of that when I left. Ten years ago. So yes, sometimes, we need to go back, in order to move forward. And sometimes, the people we think will not approve of our choices (or indeed did not at the time), have also, like us, grown older and wiser and learned that sometimes things happen for a reason, and that the person I am today, is the person that I need to be in the world, and I couldn't be that person without the experiences I have had. Everybody is F**kin Perfect, that is how we were made, we just need to learn to appreciate and love each other's differences a little more. And quite possibly, cut back on the inappropriate language a little ;p So thank you Mr Bevan Spencer, for making me feel like I am still an important person in your world xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment