Every day I am pretty sure I do at least one thing wrong. Most days I do more. I used to think I was alone, until I talked to other parents who were honest. Here is a place for more parents to feel less alone, and more "good enough".

Saturday 12 February 2011

Feeling Alive.........so that's what was missing

I have just got home from watching a totally awesome band. I stood watching them, and I felt the music running through me and I became totally immersed and I just felt alive and like this was what had been missing from me for so long - music. I need music in my life, it is part of me and who I am and when I am in a room with a band, everything makes sense. It made me laugh that people were shocked I was going to Gasworks tonight, and wondering if I would like it. It just shows how much, in the last years, I have not been me. I am not a music snob, I like any kind of music at all, with the exception of hardcore dance type stuff. I even have Britney Spears greatest hits and am not ashamed to admit it! But if I had to choose just one type of music to listen to for the rest of my life, it would be loud, it would have guitars in it, and it would totally rock. Where I was tonight, I was happy. If there is one place, in this coming year, that I will manage to dance as if noone were watching, it will be there.
I would have quite gladly stayed out all night however my back is currently rather fragile for reasons known only to itself and as I am looking after myself well at the moment I decided to come home. And I am sat, in my lovely relaxing bedroom. Last night, when my friends came around, they loved my house. I felt so happy that they loved it and it just makes me love it even more! It is nice to have somewhere to be, that is my space, and I would definitely recommend everybody to invest in making their bedroom more peaceful and tidy and calming and an adult space to just be you. Far too often we get lost in ourselves, being a mum, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a carer, a peacemaker, a problem-solver. Everybody needs space, just to be themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment