Every day I am pretty sure I do at least one thing wrong. Most days I do more. I used to think I was alone, until I talked to other parents who were honest. Here is a place for more parents to feel less alone, and more "good enough".

Monday 7 February 2011

"High apple pie, in the sky hopes....."

Today, I have a job :D So that is one thing ticked off my yearly list after only 5 days, wow I am brilliant. I went for my counselling assessment today, and he told me I was pretty much being my own therapist and that this blog is an excellent thing to do. So there we go, the official seal of approval.
I'm also making some progress on my monthly list. Because I have tricked all of you into reading this blog, I have therefore as a nice little side-effect "Started a trend". And I am still working on number 7, which is going to be so brilliant it is unbelievable.
I am pretty chuffed about the job as the nursery looks very well resourced and the owners are also the managers and wear the uniforms and clean up sick and buy whatever is needed straight away and fund extra staff for children needing support out of their own pocket until funding comes through. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven, to be frank. So now I have 3 weeks to organise Jessica - hahahaha.
So, today, according to my diary, is "Try a new flavour day". Which is rather tricky as being brought up in a big family and looked after by a zillion different people, I've tried a lot of things food. So I just tried the thing on the pub menu that I would never normally have and is pretty different from what I'd normally choose. Quorn Chilli with rice, sour cream and tortilla chips. Here we are:

And do you know what? It was really really nice and I'm really pleased I did it! I'm one of those people who eats the same few things every time I go out because I'm worried I won't like something different, but from now on I'm going to make an effort to really choose other foods, especially ones that I wouldn't cook at home.

I found this quote today.
It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
       
- Theodore Roosevelt


And I remembered coming across this from my teenage poetry days:
"I do not want to
Should-could-would-have been
I want to Be
To live and to do all the should-haves"

I had high hopes for myself back then. I must regain those. I have just read the back cover of my diary, it says "Fantasticness One Brilliant Day At A Time". I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment