Every day I am pretty sure I do at least one thing wrong. Most days I do more. I used to think I was alone, until I talked to other parents who were honest. Here is a place for more parents to feel less alone, and more "good enough".

Wednesday 2 February 2011

In the beginning......

I can't bring myself to start new things in January. It's far too cliche. Plus I was rather busy moving house and spending all my money that I didn't have. So February is the beginning. The second of February to be exact, as again, beginning new things on the first of the month is rather too normal. And yesterday was a rubbish day, not a day to say "hey this is the start of my year", I mean that would have just been thoughtless and stupid.
So, today is the day. One hitch - I have no good photos of me. It is the eternal question - are there really no good photos of me, or do I just not like myself enough? I am not sure, when I look in the mirror recently I actually quite like myself. I think I look pretty good. But photos never ever seem to reflect what I see in the mirror. Or maybe I just need more recent photos. I shall add it to my list.
So the year is 2011. I have a list of things I would like to do this year. I also have lists in my diary of things I should do every month. Now, I am not going to mindlessly do everything on the lists, some of them are just not my thing. But I will try to cheat and fit them in through different ways, and I feel that will satisfy my need to have lists and complete them.
I shall add my goals for the Year of Adventures to the side of this blog. It may change when you are least expecting it.
At the beginning of every month, I shall publish my list and I may post some extra goals. I welcome any constructive comments on how to achieve these and any goals other people think may be an interesting addition. I am not the Yes Man, and I shall not say Yes to everything, because I am clever, not stupid :D
Throughout the month, I will update on the adventures I am having through the lists, and anything else that is vaguely interesting, or not as the case may be.
My family always say I like lists, I think it is good to let them be right once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment