Every day I am pretty sure I do at least one thing wrong. Most days I do more. I used to think I was alone, until I talked to other parents who were honest. Here is a place for more parents to feel less alone, and more "good enough".

Tuesday 8 February 2011

The Story of a "Not" Post

I was totally determinedly NOT going to do a post tonight. But then I remembered something from a Music School long long ago, and decided to look it up. Unfortunately I couldn't find it anywhere, but basically it was like a demonstration of how dark can not put out light, light will always prevail. If anyone has any clue what I am talking about please enlighten us all ;p
Anyway, it made me think. Whilst we were at Music School, we learned many things. And most of those were about finding another way. I always remember the duvet cover trick - in fact I bet along with me there are a whole host of adults out there putting their duvet covers on the "music school way". The duvet cover, it is hard to put on, you get tangled up, the more you try the harder it gets until you end up sat in a heap on the floor wondering what went wrong. Or, you could try turning the duvet cover inside out, putting your hands inside, gripping both corners of the duvet and shaking it over the top. Takes seconds.
Often, the only way to find the Bright Side is to turn things on their head, pull them inside out, and do the thing that you were most sure you couldn't. There is always another way, and quite often it's outside of the box.
So, here we are people, my outside of the box, totally random moment of the day:

I bobble-hatted it up!!! And, I put out there a photo of me that is not perfect and is not brilliant, but do you know what? It's not "that" bad, in fact I'd go as far as to say my eyes look quite nice. I also stroked soft things today............but that's all I'm going to say about that.................;p
Oh and by the way, tomorrow is "TOTALLY WOW WEDNESDAY". IF you love me, make it happen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment